SAVE 25% OFF Luck of the Irish in March
The soy wax we use in our soy candles is sourced from U.S. soy bean farms. We love soy wax because it is made from a sustainable resource, promotes growth, and supports Americas farmers. Soy is a renewable resource and soy wax is biodegradable.
When you first burn your soy candle, it's important to let it burn for at least 2-3 hours, allowing a 1-2 inch pool of liquid wax to form across the whole candle. Soy wax has a 'memory' and allowing it to burn this way prevents 'tunneling' down the center of the candle and provides for more scent 'throw'.
We use only premium fragrance oils in our soy candle products. We also believe 'less is more', so we never add any additives, preservatives, or stabilizers to our soy candles.
Our wicks use natural flat cotton threads woven together with paper threads. These wicks are lead and zinc free and 'self-trimming' producing less soot.
Sometimes your soy candle will burn uneven which you should try to correct. Make sure your candle in on a flat, heat-resistant surface and away from drafts caused by open windows or ceiling fans. Be sure to keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" before lighting.
It's typical with any candle that a carbon 'mushroom' may form on the tip of the candle wick. If this happens, just extinguish the candle, let it cool down, and trim the wick free of the 'mushroom' keeping the trimmed wick from falling into the soy candle.
While soy candles do burn much cleaner than traditional paraffin candles, no soy candles are completely soot free. Soy candles do emit a small amount of colorless soot and black smoke spots can be caused by the flame being too large. This can also be caused by blowing out the candle, which causes smoking. We recommend keeping the wick trimmed to 1/4" and using a wick dipper to extinguish the candle flame.
Our mason jar candles are recyclable - which we love for use as containers or craft ideas! However, because they are glass, we do not recommend reuse for candles because the glass can weaken from use over time.
Soy wax is a natural, biodegradable product - so clean up is EASY! Warm water and dish soap will remove soy wax from clothing, furniture, and flooring.
If for some reason you can't smell your candle, try leaving the room for a few minutes to allow your olfactory sense to 'reset'. After a period of time, you can become accustomed to the smells in your immediate surroundings.